Friday, December 7, 2012

Update....I know...it's been a long time.

I'm sorry to say that my horses took a back seat the last few months due to my very nasty divorce that I am going thru.  Rose is such a sensative horse, that if I am "troubled" internally, she picks up on it.  So it's best to just leave things alone with her until I get my head and heart straight.  Not there yet....and I wanted to thank all of you for your concern.  I'm hanging in there.

however....there is a bit of a tid bit of an update on the Piaffe experiment.  I went for a ride with a friend a couple weeks ago.  Mind you I have only ridden rose once or twice in the last 6-7-8 months.  God, I had no idea that much time had passed.  Anyways, while I waited for my friend to pick me up....I played with Rose.  I lead her up the "piaffe spot" with nothing but a halter and lead rope.  I clucked a couple of times.....

And she did the leg lifts.....CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?  I was shocked.  She did them several times too.  It was a beautiful sight to behold and reminded me just exactly what I love about this horse.
1.  She is smart as a whip and remembers everything she is taught.
2.  That means when she doesn't do something I've taught her....it's most likely because she doesn't WANT to do it.  For what ever her reason of the day is.....usually more about holding me to a high standard of not being a dictator bitch to her.  She keeps ME honest, and makes sure I do it right.

On another update but having to do with my horses.  I'm slowly getting back into my horses and found me a cowboy to date.  Fun times ahead.....

Savvy On and Merry Christmas to all
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment