Monday, February 27, 2012

Piaffe day 6---breakthrough....woo hoo!

Well.....you know I just realized just how many posts I start with "Well".....


oh well....today was a good day.  We started off with her waiting for me at the gate, just to leave me once i got inside.  No matter, again Cha'cote got some well appreciated scratches and lovin....and he returned the favor nuzzling my arm and shoulder....and shedding all over me.  Rose didn't go far and stared with jealosy...and finally came over.  I waited though until it was her idea to be haltered and then we headed for the front yard.


We started with the leg lifts and I thought I would give it one go without a cluck and she picked each leg up with just a couple light taps.  Then I added clucks, and after several attempts.....she actually picked up her left hind leg with just a cluck, one tap, and then clucks to get it up and a hold!!!!!!......which is where I should have stopped.  I hate missed opportunities to get it 100% right.  Shucks!  But no, no no NO....I tried to see if I could get a cluck with the right hind too......then a bunch of fidgeting started and I knew I blew it.  So I got a good lift n hold with the left again, and we went to graze.


When we started up again, again I got a good lift n hold with just a cluck, feather light tap and clucking to get the hold and this time I just quit right then and there.  I wish it had been light enough to film it, but it was too dark already.  We grazed some more and then played with the new ball i got for her.  Which is usually her favorite thing to play with....but for some reason she doesn't like it. I don't know if it is too small or what....but not a big concern.  I thanked her for her generosity and I think it was a good session.
Savvy On
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment